[hibernate-dev] Refactoring of org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration

Andrey Polyakov polyakovfromurals at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 12:45:37 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

I am writing to make a proposal to refactor the Configuration class as an
interface and and implementation for the reason below.

It would allow third-party developers as myself to use proxies and
decorators with default configuration.

For example, in groovy.grails they extend the Configuration class. I may
extend DefaultGrailsDomainConfiguration but if there were another developer
he would have to choose which child to extend which makes things trickier.

To be precise I am playing with generateSchemaCreationScript and
generateSchemaUpdateList. I want to do things with default scripts by
simply wrapping around configuration given.

Kind Regards,

Andrey Polyakov