[hibernate-dev] Snapshot deployment problem in JBoss repository?

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 09:48:12 EST 2013

Hi,

While working on HHH-7821, I wanted to use the latest 4.1.x snapshot.

However, it seems that the snapshots published aren't correct: they
don't contain the latest fixes:
See http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2/org/hibernate/hibernate-core/4.1.10-SNAPSHOT/hibernate-core-4.1.10-20130204.055954-21-sources.jar
(I used this URL as it's the one referenced in the gradle build file
but I have the same problem with the Nexus repository)

I noticed it because my context doesn't start anymore due to the use
of Dialect.getDialect() in Configuration. It was removed in a
following commit in branch 4.1 (
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/commit/837fa8acccb1c8aabf77c0167d0650028d0ede1d#hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/cfg/Configuration.java
from december 19) but the snapshot still has the old version in
org/hibernate/cfg/Configuration.java at line 1563:
				Dialect.getDialect().getUniqueDelegate().generateUniqueKey(
						table, tableColumn );

Could someone check that the snapshot generation and deployment process are OK?

Thanks.

--
Guillaume