[hibernate-dev] [H-SHARDS] moving to hibernate orm 4

Strong Liu stliu at hibernate.org
Thu Jan 3 10:39:26 EST 2013

Hi,

Just want to let you know, I took some time of today ( my last new year holiday day ) and tried to migrate hibernate-shards to use hibernate orm 4.x

I pushed things to my fork(hibernate4 branch) https://github.com/stliu/hibernate-shards/tree/hibernate4

have finished the following things:
1. document building works fine now
2. compilable, there were lots of package changed

to-do:
1. transaction management

    hibernate orm 4 uses TransactionCoordinator, which causes lots of tests fail in Shards

2. service registry

3. lots of other things I don't know yet :)

I only pushed the change to my fork, so, means it is not finished yet, but I do think this project at least should base on hibernate orm 4, not hibernate 3.x