[hibernate-dev] CollectionEntry.snapshot And PersistentCollection Queued Operations

John Walker johnw at newconceptsdev.com
Mon Jan 14 16:54:24 EST 2013

I've found that under certain circumstances with Hibernate 3.6.10, a
PersistentCollection's queuedOperations will be executed *prior* to the
CollectionEntry::snapshot being taken. As a result, the snapshot includes
the results of any queued operations. (Including transient items added by a
SimpleAdd().)

Is this the intended behavior?

Can anyone point me to where I can do some more reading about the purpose of
queued operations, and get a better sense of Hibernate's collection-handling
architecture in general? I'm particularly interested in;

CollectionEntry::postIniitialize() method vs.
PersistentCollection::afterInitialize() method.
Relationship between CollectionEntry and the PersistentCollection itself.
PersistentCollection::endRead() method
PersistCollection Queued Operations: (purpose, etc)