[hibernate-dev] [Search] New checkstyle classes working in IDE

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Jul 10 08:34:55 EDT 2013

On 10 Jan 2013, at 2:24 PM, "Davide D'Alto" <davide at hibernate.org> wrote:

> > I think it was a great idea to introduce checkstyle, but I think it really needs to work in the IDE as wel
> Actually for me it is just a nice feature but not a must have.i've never used checkstyle in the IDE and I'm quite happy to use it in the terminal.

Sure, I am the biggest proponent that the command line build comes before the IDE. Still it is very useful to have, especially since it is so hard
to get our formatting templates to match

> > If we cannot find a solution for this I vote for disabling these custom checks for now
> Does everything work if you remove the rule from the checkstyle.xml? I'm just asking to see if it is a viable solution.

Yes, by removing DoubleSpaces I get it to work again. Since you have more experience with custom Check classes, what do you think
about this post on the forum? Maybe we can just change the implementation?

> Formatters should be already compatiible with the checkstyle file.

But they aren't

--Hardy