[hibernate-dev] Deprecating configurability of "hibernate.search.worker.scope" ?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 11 10:04:07 EDT 2013

I'm wondering if this property is really useful. Someone has a
practical example in which he would need it?

http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/search/4.3/reference/en-US/html_single/#table-worker-configuration

I'm tempted to deprecate it and remove the description from the
documentation as so far I've only seen people asking clarifications
about it, to then conclude they don't need this (or more likely didn't
understand it and decide to stay away from it).

We could technically leave the loading code in place, it's just the
documentation which is troubling me.

Cheers,