[hibernate-dev] Fwd: [jdf-dev] JBoss Modules dependency vs pain POM dependency + exclusions

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Jun 6 17:26:20 EDT 2013

Hibernate Search has many additional dependencies on top of just ORM..
would the WildFly team be happy with that?
I always assumed that would not be considered acceptable.

Also with such a solution people won't have flexibility on the
version; I know people don't have it with ORM either - unless they
bring their own - but to make upgrades possible in existing projects
it is extremely useful to be able to update one dependency at a time,
which I suspect would not be possible anymore:
upgrade ORM first, run the tests, upgrade Search, run the tests.
Nailing down one version - by using the ORM provided by an application
server - makes this harder, but nailing down both versions forces
people to upgrade both at the same time: if there's an issue it will
be much harder to figure out the area.

Sanne