[hibernate-dev] JSON version of Hibernate Search query

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 11 17:18:15 EDT 2013

Hey everyone,

Sanne and I discussed Hibernate Search queries and serialization in
general. I did play around that to represent Hibernate Search DSL
queries into JSON.

https://gist.github.com/emmanuelbernard/5760676

It is a very first draft (not reviewed). What is really nice is that I did not have to
do much adaptation, the Query DSL is expressive enough to have a one to
one port thanks to its context nature.

I did not work on some of the quirk cases nor tried to optimize the
"80%" use case.

A nice effect is that I manage to unify the FullTextQuery (including the
types filtering), the lucene query part, the faceting definitions and
the faceting selection.

Let me know what you think.