[hibernate-dev] Patches for using Hibernate in low-latency environments

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 18 12:14:30 EDT 2013

Interesting read.  I do wonder though about the types of data
specifically where this would be useful.  As they say they, a "trading
application typically receives several thousand market data events per
second".  There are so many trades, one would think, that holding them
all in memory (in this zero-level cache) would be a big drain on
available memory space.  I am curious if the types of data they expect
to handle that way match up with our "reference data cache" caching
capabilities added in ORM 4.2

I know we have discussed similar before, but what do you think about
mentioning this on the Hibernate Google+ page?