[hibernate-dev] Changelog file in Hibernate ORM

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sat Mar 2 15:58:56 EST 2013

On 2 March 2013 20:51, Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org> wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2013, at 21:19, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
>
>> The file changelog.txt in the root ot the Hibernate ORM project seems outdated.
>
> Personally I find this file useless. I think a link a link in the readme to the Jira changeling would suffice. However, I know some people think the changelog is valuable.
>
> But of course, it either needs to be maintained or deleted.

+1
I'd prefer maintained, but otherwise deleted woudl be better than
misleading indeed.

The reason I like it is that it allows me a very quick search on the
history of the current branch, while from JIRA it's not immediate.
Of course from there I continue on JIRA or GIT logs for more insight..

In this case I wanted to double-check if we had dropped OSCache
support. I remember we had planned for it, but couldn't find tracking
about its removal in JIRA.

Sanne