[hibernate-dev] New CI machine preview

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Mar 27 09:51:00 EDT 2013

You're all welcome to play with http://54.225.162.168/
however please keep these in mind:

 - it's not the final machine: don't put too much effort in creating
nice build scripts as we'll reset it to clean state soon. We *might*
be able to store jobs defined so far, but we might choose not to.

 - domain name should be coming: ci.hibernate.org ..not sure when, got
no replies so far from.

 - authentication: just click on login, it will use OAuth2 to request
your identity via your GitHub account. Permissions to create new jobs,
edit existing jobs, run a build manually depend on your github account
be part of the Hibernate organization (or not, in which case you have
read only status)

At this stage I'd like to get a feeling if the hardware is powerful
enough, and also we need to select which other plugins we want to use,
I'm looking especially to:
 - static analysis reports
 - pull requests integration

both are relatively undefined, we can of course start simple and
improve later.. just checking this fits basic needs now.