[hibernate-dev] Scripting releases - SourceForge

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri May 3 12:41:35 EDT 2013

I am working on scripting more of the release steps into the Gradle
build scripts.  When it comes to uploading the release bundles to
SourceForge we have a choice to make.  I will use rsync since we already
require people doing a release to have it installed because
docs.jboss.org uploads require it.

I can either account for the various SourceForge users in the script, or
we could define a single user in the SourceForge Hibernate project that
is there for uploading release bundles from the build.  That upload user
would have just the permissions necessary to upload.  We would need,
however, to manage getting keys uploaded to that user.  Whereas if we
used our own SourceForge users we'd simply use our own keys.

Preferences?

Personally I'd rather just use our own users and account for the
different usernames in the script (read from ~/.gradle/gradle.settings
maybe).