[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Build time

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Nov 28 06:55:37 EST 2013

2013/11/28 Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org>

> 2013/11/28 Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org>
>

>> > How about
>> >
>> > d. Use an alias for all skip options:
>> >
>> > export mvnFast = "mvn -DskipITs -DskipDocs -DskipDistro”
>>
>> instead of using a variable, just use an alias. I have several aliases
>> defined in my ~/.alias file which I source from .bashrc.
>>

> Yes, that's what I've actually meant to say. Still too early in the
> morning ;-)

We could actually commit a build.sh script which accepts a "skipAll"
parameter and forwards this to mvn by splitting it up into the single skip
options. All other options would be passed along as is. This would give us
a concise skip all command, while maintaining control in case its needed.
This script could also increase the perm gen space.

Would that help your case, Emmanuel?