[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Requiring Java 7?

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Oct 9 10:20:52 EDT 2013

What is gained needs to be balanced by what you are giving up.

OGM itself is new, but at the end of the day its a JPA provider which is
not new.  Basing on Java 7 will limit adaption from folks wanting to
drop OGM in to their app as replacement for their JPA provider to give
it a spin in certain environments.