[hibernate-dev] [HHH-8483] METAGEN merge into ORM

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Oct 25 13:42:15 EDT 2013

On 25 Jan 2013, at 6:16 PM, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2013 10:26 AM, "Hardy Ferentschik" <hardy at hibernate.org> wrote:
>
> > * What should be the next version of the annotation processor? I guess it could just use the main ORM version, so
> >   we would make a version jump from 1.3.0.Final to 4.3.x
>
> 4.3.x

Ok. I guess in the release blog we then just announce "that the JPA Metamodel Generator has moved and that as part
of the move its version got bumped …"

> > * Should we move the docbook sources to the documentation module and create a new "book", next to devguide, manual
> >   and quickstart? I guess there are pro and cons for each approach. I would lean towards moving the metamodelgen docs.
>
> What about a topical (asciidoctor) guide?

Goo idea. It is definitely short and simple enough for this. To make things simple I will do the git move first and hopefully I'll even be
able to then create the topical guide. Maybe during the team meeting!?

> > * Any thoughts on whether we should change the artefact it? Or should we just keep hibernate-jpamodelgen?
>
> +1 for same GAV

Ok

> > Thoughts?
>
> Thanks for doing this!