[hibernate-dev] AttributeConverters and AnnotationBinder part 2 : Collections

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sat Sep 21 12:19:50 EDT 2013

So what I did earlier does not work for Collections.  Collections go
through a very different code path (even ElementCollection which i found
very odd).  That code does not use the pieces of PropertyBinder and
SimpleValueBinder that got changed.

Even more oddly, the only time I see uses of
PropertyBinder/SimpleValueBinder from collections are for many-to-many
handling:
org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.CollectionBinder#bindManyToManySecondPass.
Or is this just a badly named method that really handles more that just
many-to-many?