[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] [Autodiscoverable] Splitting the BridgeProvider in two methods

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 2 06:21:09 EDT 2014

On 01 Apr 2014, at 22:19, Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org> wrote:

> Also in the real world, you would first ask me whether I can make you something, before telling me to do so, right?

Well in real life I guess you get all kinds of design.

- directly tell someone to do it and complain if that’s not done
- directly tell someone to do it and complain even if that’s done
- ask and if the answer is positive tell someone to do it
- ask and tell someone to do it in an atomic fashion ; expecting a no
- ask in a rhetorical fashion and tell someone to do it regardless

Our problem is much simpler to design ;)