[hibernate-dev] what does ""DEBUG [org.hibernate.engine.transaction.internal.TransactionCoordinatorImpl] (EJB default - 6) Skipping JTA sync registration due to auto join checking" mean?

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 11:23:11 EDT 2014

I'm trying to help a user [1] that is complaining that a local database
transaction is used, instead of the JTA transaction as they expect.  I
asked them to enable TRACE logging for { org.jboss.jca, org.hibernate,
org.jboss.as.jpa + com.arjuna} and see the "Skipping JTA sync
registration due to auto join checking" log message.

What does the "skipping JTA sync registration due to auto join checking"
mean exactly?  [2] shows a small example of the log output with an
active JTA transaction in use.

Scott

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-3619 XA END / un-enlist for
database connection called to early