[hibernate-dev] HSearch 5.0

Marc Schipperheyn m.schipperheyn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:13:50 EDT 2014

Hi Sanne,

Thanks for that extensive reply.

> Considering holidays & similar, we should be fully focused on Search
> again next week and first goal is of course to challenge the roadmap
> and see what can be cut to speedup a 5.0.0.Final release.. However
> many users are already using the current previews and I am expecting
> the same from you as you would give us precious feedback as usual ;-)

Yeah, I'd love that. However, I've been having some delays of my own and I
will need to upgrade a bunch of related dependencies in order to move to
5.0 which is a project in itself. It's high on my list but the marketing
people are also breathing down my neck for end user features. You know how
it is.

We're all agreeing that we should rather move some issues out from the
> plan and release early; having said that, which features of Lucene 4
> would you love to see exposed on the API?

I personally really like the Grouping and QueryTimeJoin functionalities and
am using them to great effect through the Lucene API. Also, I'm looking
forward to implementing some of the new suggest / autocomplete analyzers,
but that would prob not need any API changes. I think on the analyzer
front, things look really interesting with 4.x.

Other than that, just very interested in general to experience the numerous
performance improvements that have been made.

Cheers,
Marc