[hibernate-dev] Support for Elasticsearch in Hibernate OGM proposal

Jiri Holusa jholusa at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 10:28:05 EDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I'm Jirka Holusa and I work JDG QA (Infinispan) team, just for you to know, this email has nothing to do with JDG :)

Currently, I looking for a nice topic for a diploma thesis and I came across one. I worked with Elasticsearch in my bachelor thesis and I thought it would be nice to integrate it with Hibernate.

So I found Hibernate OGM and thought thaht I would like to develop the Elasticsearch module for Hibernate OGM. I talked to Emmanuel and Sanne and they pretty liked the idea, so they suggested to move the discussion here on dev list.

I would love to read all your suggestions/proposals/tip etc. The rough plan is to first implement the JPA API (therefor CRUD operations) and once this is finished, implement search capabilities via Hibernate Search API.

I looking forward to your replies.

Cheers,
Jirka