[hibernate-dev] Getting notified when session factory is completely set up

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Feb 11 06:26:36 EST 2014

2014/2/11 Davide D'Alto <daltodavide at gmail.com>

> > Yes, that helps indeed. Implementing my validation routine in such an
> observer works. I guess if needed, I even could implement support for the
> suggested service contract in OGM with help of an observer.
>
> In OGM, we used to have a SessionFactoryObserver but we removed it in
> favor of the SessionFactoryServiceInitiator.
> https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/OGM-299

But do we have a DatastoreProvider which actually makes use of the SF?

I can "inject" the SF into a DatastoreProvider by having it implement said
StartStoppable contract. But as pointed out before the SF is not yet
completely initialized at this point. So I e.g. can't access the entity
persisters.

I couldn't find any "real" implementation of StartStoppable (besides a
testing one); it might actually make sense to re-implement the support for
this contract using an observer, which would expose a fully-initialized SF
to such implementations.

The problem I'm having atm. only relates to CouchDB, so for the time being
I think I'm going to add an observer just to this module.