[hibernate-dev] [OGM-441] Pull request workflow in JIRA

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 17 09:17:15 EDT 2014

On 17 July 2014 13:59, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Hibernate Search has a pull request workflow where a specific status Pull Request Sent exists.
> Do we want it for OGM? Do you think it would add more value to the clutter it brings?
>
> That question is mostly for Gunnar and Davide. I am neutral personally.
>
> Sanne what’s your feedback after using it in HSearch?

Personally I like it as it's good to be able to track the current
state of release progress; I use filters to plan releases and that
gives a quick visibility sorting by issue status.

The link is useful but not essential; apparently JIRA is now supposed
to automatically create the links but it seems not perfect yet, I'm
not understanding why it sometimes auto-links and sometimes there's
nothing. Ideally if that improves I'd be happy with a status change,
*especially* as all of this can eventually be scripted in a REST based
script to send PRs and all status updates in one go (both github and
JIRA have nice REST APIs).

Also JIRA tends to flag the PR as "rejected" when you merge & close it
after rebasing. I guess that's not going to be fixed easily so we need
to help it somehow.

Sanne