[hibernate-dev] Reflite

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Jun 2 12:36:09 EDT 2014

I am curious about people's take on "reflite" now that some of y'all have
had a chance to see it in action.

Some specific points I am curious about (although certainly feel free to
comment on any parts):

1) What do you think of the split in JavaTypeDescriptor into distinct
sub-contracts?  For example, the split between say ClassDescriptor and
InterfaceDescriptor?  TBH, I am starting to rethink that one.  What about
primitive versus non-primitive descriptors?  Etc...

2) Overall what do you think about the API itself?  Don't worry about the
internal details.  For example, the need to access the ClassLoader (to walk
the fields/methods) is hopefully going away with some additions to Jandex.
 But in terms of the exposed contracts
(org.hibernate.metamodel.reflite.spi)...