[hibernate-dev] Configuration and custom IdentifierGeneratorFactory implementations

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 24 13:01:36 EDT 2014

Gunnar and I discussed this on IRC.  In my opinion, the easiest solution is
to make GridDialect associated with the StandardServiceRegistry, not the
SessionFactoryServiceRegistry.  Gunnar was going to see if this was
possible.  This would actually align with how ORM does it where Dialect and
JDBC related services are part of the StandardServiceRegistry.

What would that gain you?  Keep in mind that the IdentifierGeneratorFactory
is also a service that is kept in the StandardServiceRegistry.  So by
making GridDialect part of the same registry, your custom
IdentifierGeneratorFactory
impl would have access to the GridDialect as it is building its generators (
OgmTableGenerator/OgmSequenceGenerator).