[hibernate-dev] Lucene moving to Java7

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 20 12:29:56 EDT 2014

Note this would affect only our upcoming Hibernate Search 5.0: it's a
major release which breaks some backwards compatibility anyway. I
guess that blasts any remaining concern?

For the purpose of WFK users in maintenance mode I'll expect them to
stay on previous Search version, on which we'll backport fixes as
usual.
But I also expect we'll eventually want to provide a "new" version to
deliver the goodies of EE7, JPA 2.1, etc.. which all require JDK7
anyway (in the scope of WFK or anything else coming our way).

Thanks all for the comments

Sanne