[hibernate-dev] Another @Access quandry

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Mar 26 14:37:23 EDT 2014

My point is that I do not find annotating a getter method with
@Access(FIELD) to be inherently common sense.  It really boils down to the
purpose/intent of @Access.  If @Access *at the attribute level* is
ultimately *just* indicating how to extract/inject then I think
@Access(FIELD) on the getter does make sense.  If @Access *at the attribute
level* also directs where to look for annotations (consistent with @Access
at class/hierarchy-level) then I think @AccessFile needs to be on the field
along with the other annotations, assuming we stay with non-mixed placement
for an attribute.

So let's decide that first.  Since the spec does not say clearly one way or
the other, I guess we have some leeway here.

https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-9085 (Introduce @IdGetter and
@IdSetter) plays in here as well.