[hibernate-dev] Bytecode enhancement

Jeremy Whiting jwhiting at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 05:32:44 EDT 2014

Hi Guillaume,
   A Maven plugin for build time enhancement of entities is coded up.
Not without a few problems along the way. But I think we are there now.
Comments are in-lined with your questions.
  There should be a plugin in the maven repo soon (if not now) using a
Mojo and the necessary descriptors declaring dependencies. pull/669

  The documentation has a PR waiting to merge showing users how to
configure for Ant, Maven or Gradle. Look at
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/pull/667 for configuration
information going into the reference manual.

Jeremy

On 03/19/2014 04:25 PM, Guillaume Smet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I took a look at the bytecode enhancement Maven plugin and I also have
> this issuehttps://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8833  .
>
> As far as I can tell the Maven plugin (and I suppose the Gradle plugin
> too) doesn't provide any information about the classpath so it's
> impossible to use the bytecode enhancement plugin in real life
> applications because you obviously have dependencies to other classes.
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/4.2/hibernate-enhance-maven-plugin/hibernate-enhance-maven-plugin.gradle
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/4.2/hibernate-gradle-plugin/hibernate-gradle-plugin.gradle
  Are there more dependency declarations you needed ?