[hibernate-dev] "derived identifier" mapping

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 27 09:58:41 EDT 2014

This code is 8 years old so no I did not remember.
I did some archeology. The Git migration slots all of that history so I
had to fire up svn.

svn checkout https://svn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/annotations/branches/v3_4_0_GA_CP/
svn annotate src/test/java/org/hibernate/test/annotations/cid/OrderLinePk.java
svn log -r 11058 src/test/java/org/hibernate/test/annotations/cid/OrderLinePk.java
svn log | grep -C 3 ANN-492

Anyways, it is related to the following:

https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-4259
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/ANN-492
https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=967202&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

It looks like a combination of the following:

- the old code was not able to get the annotation metadata from the
  entity. It was getting the metadata from the id class. Against the
  spec but it was a tough bug to fix
- Goeffrey had a problem and contributed the test
- the test passed a future version of annotations when I applied it
- I left it here as coverage