[hibernate-dev] EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl constructor is accessing the CDI BeanManager too early (during 1st phase) ...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri May 23 09:27:26 EDT 2014

On 05/21/2014 03:36 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> I started to push on Hibernate master integration for WildFly [1] +
> Jipijapa [2].
>
> http://pastie.org/9196859 is a NPE that occurs when the CDI BeanManager
> is accessed during the first (EntityManagerFactoryBuilder) phase.
> Hibernate ORM shouldn't use the BeanManager until the second phase.

I'll create a HHH jira for the BeanManager access issue.

I'm also hitting some issues in existing unit tests (WildFly + Jipijapa)
that I worked around by commenting them out.  We can discuss on IRC
sometime or I could give more details here.

After we get past these issues, I'll make the change to pass the Jandex
CompositeIndex into Hibernate 5.x, so we can see how that works.