[hibernate-dev] Tests on JDK 9, and other updates on ci.hibernate.org

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sun Sep 7 09:04:57 EDT 2014

Hi all,
I've installed latest preview builds of:
 - JDK 9 b28
 - JDK 8u40 b04

Java 9 is new in our builds, so some considerations:
- The JVM option MaxPermSize, which was deprecated in Java8, is no
longer accepted and will fail bootstrap. Either you remove it from
your build path or enable -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions
- asciidoctor-maven-plugin plugin fails: I'll disable it for now but
it would be great if someone could have a look at it, if it's a JVM
bug we should report it, and otherwise fixing the plugin would be
nice.

On Java 8, a warning:
I've not simply added this beta, but it replaces the current one we
had setup. I realize this is a rather aggressive move, but keep in
mind the current one wasn't a stable release but an early preview as
well.
I guess we might want to split this into a "JDK 8" and a "JDK
8-preview" ? But even our current JDK8 builds are still largely
failing, so I'd rather see some love on that first, then we can move
on into multiple builds.

I would love some help on:
 - the animal-sniffer is still broken on Java 8, see what can be done
or let's discuss alternatives
 - Some ORM tests are failing on Java8
 - Define JDK 9 test builds for more projects:
http://ci.hibernate.org/view/JDK9/

Cheers,