[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Removing row keys from associations

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Sep 30 03:10:44 EDT 2014

Thanks for coming back on this :)

> I think that can happen due to the weak transactional guarantees the
> underlying backend provides.
> Why do you ask? (that is if you remember as this email is quite old -
> nothing like being stuck on a place for 12 hours to catch up ;) ).

I'm not entirely sure anymore why I asked :) Maybe I considered to guard
against it using an assertion.

Does it really depend on the capabilities of the store, though? Between
(and all in one thread). So if we invoke Association#remove() for a RowKey
which isn't present in the loaded Association object, it still seems fishy
to me.

Note that's different from trying to remove an association row in the store
actually, there it may be gone already of course.