[hibernate-dev] Trying Hibernate 5.0.0.Beta1

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sun Apr 5 22:19:13 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Petar Tahchiev <paranoiabla at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I just pulled and did ./gradlew install. Unfortunately this didn't install
> the jars in my local maven repo because the maven plugin declaration was
> missing (you might want to consider adding it).

That's because the task is not called install.  Install is Maven
terminlology, our build used Gradle.  The task you want is called
publishToMavenLocal.  And no, I'd prefer to not add that plugin.  I moved
away from Maven for a reason (well, ok, several) and prefer the Gradle
terminology.  The idea of "installing" my artifacts is such a logical
misnomer.

> Anyways, after I added it the jars were installed in my repo. I ran schema
> export and the schema result was missing the foreign keys - great!!!
> However when I ran my tests against HSQL (my tests are using
> hibernate.ddl-auto=update to create the tables) I got an exception:

SchemaMigratorImpl.java:128 is trying to get your table metadata from the
driver, but not finding any table information.  I'd need a test (simplified
this time please) that illustrates the problem.  Or else you can debug into
it.  What table?  What is special about that table versus other tables it
finds before?  Or does it not find any tables before?  Etc...