[hibernate-dev] Adding a custom table to the user defined mapping

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Apr 10 13:25:47 EDT 2015

Hi all,
I'm considering solving a complex issue in Hibernate Search by having
it add a couple of "system entities" to the set of user defined
entities.

Do we have any example on how I'd do that?

Bonus brownies if we could figure out a way to mark these as
"internal".. i.e. it would be nice to not allow user code to load
these, have other entities relate to these, or mention them in HQL
queries.
I'd need a backdoor to allow Search code to do that though :)
Of course I don't expect us to be able to hide the physical tables.

I guess I could get pretty far by using JDBC rather than defining it
as an entity, but I'd rather avoid that. If that were my only option,
I'd at least want to extend the schema generation/validation tasks to
include by custom table.

Thanks,