[hibernate-dev] org.hibernate.cfg.Settings deprecated

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 21 14:52:46 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 01:09:53PM -0500, Steve Ebersole wrote:
> Ok, silence will be taken as a vote to do whatever I feel is best
> regardless of impact on these integration impls...  So anyone?

Sorry, I forgot about this one. TBH, I have not much useful to say on
what the best way to do this is. It seems to make sense to disable ORM based
null checking if Bean Validation is used (even though Emmanuel wrote this code
initially. I am not 100% which kinds of scenarios this tries to prevent. My guess
is that when this option is enabled and Bean Valdation's @NotNull
is used as well, the ORM validation kicks in first and throws some ORM specific exception
instead of the ConstraintViolationException one would expect in this case).

So whatever you come up with, I would expect some possibility for the integrator to make sure
ORM null checking is disabled.

--Hardy