[hibernate-dev] Multitenancy Per Schema Fails With NPE

amit shah amits.84 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 08:06:50 EDT 2015

I'm using schema based multi-tenancy providing implementations for both
MultiTenantConnectionProvider & CurrentTenantIdentifierResolver. Trying to
get a hibernate session for a single tenant fails with an NPE.

Looking into the source code, it seems that JDBCServicesImpl initializes
the connectionProvider to null in the else block

	private JdbcConnectionAccess buildJdbcConnectionAccess(Map configValues) {
		final MultiTenancyStrategy multiTenancyStrategy =
MultiTenancyStrategy.determineMultiTenancyStrategy( configValues );

		if ( MultiTenancyStrategy.NONE == multiTenancyStrategy ) {
			connectionProvider = serviceRegistry.getService( ConnectionProvider.class );
			return new ConnectionProviderJdbcConnectionAccess( connectionProvider );
		}
		else {
			connectionProvider = null;
			final MultiTenantConnectionProvider multiTenantConnectionProvider =
serviceRegistry.getService( MultiTenantConnectionProvider.class );
			return new MultiTenantConnectionProviderJdbcConnectionAccess(
multiTenantConnectionProvider );
		}
	}

Please find the test case attached to the mail. I have also logged an issue
<https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-9740>since it's blocking. Is
there something basic that I am missing.

Thanks,
Amit.