[hibernate-dev] Changes around transaction -> changed exception behavior

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 28 16:53:16 EDT 2015

 Hi,

while working on making OGM work with ORM 5, I noticed a slightly different
behaviour wrt. to exceptions occurring during flushes.

Previously, such exceptions would bubble up as is, whereas now the
beforeTransactionCompletion() logic is called in a try/catch block,
wrapping any exceptions in a TransactionException. It's no big deal for me
(I just need to adapt some tests in our suite which expect specific
exception types), but then I was wondering whether that change poses a
migration issue for existing client code, e.g.
expecting/handling StaleObjectStateException which would need to be adapted
accordingly?

Anyone thinking it's a problem?

Thanks,

--Gunnar