[hibernate-dev] Any change of adding generics to Hibernate specific API

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 29 09:16:58 EDT 2015

We discussed this before on the list.  The main thing to decide is
Session#load and proxies.  Basically there are times when:

public T load(Class<T> entityType, Object id)

simply will not work.  This is the discussion I started wrt annotating the
proxy interface, rather than the impl class.

Basically I am not going to do this work piecemeal.  When we add typing, I
will add it everywhere at once.  So as soon as we can come up with an
elegant solution for that, I can add that to the roadmap.  And please see
the previous discussion before we just start re-hashing the same points
over and over :)  It was a quite long thread.