[hibernate-dev] new proposal for tx timeout handling using transaction DISASSOCIATING event notification...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 12:30:35 EDT 2015

https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/7909 uses the Narayana
org.jboss.tm.listener.TransactionListenerRegistry to be notified when
the transaction is associated/deassociated with the JTA transaction.

I think that Hibernate ORM could do something similar with the
org.jboss.tm.listener.TransactionListenerRegistry to protect against
clearing the persistence context from a non-application thread, while
the application thread may be actively using the persistence context.

I think this approach is simpler than the thread id tracking.