[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Usefulness of index sharing

Martin Braun martinbraun123 at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 11:43:13 EDT 2015

Hi,

I guess it's useful in some edge cases where the user wants to search
different entities with one query. As long as everything is in the same index
scoring is a lot easier (I don't know if it even works otherwise). I guess
that could be done by indexing a common supertype, but sometimes that's not possible.

I don't get the filtering out part though. Doesn't the query API take care of that?
If not, I think it should definitely be doing that (query for the actual class).

cheers,

Martin Braun
martinbraun123 at aol.com
www.github.com/s4ke