[hibernate-dev] Hibernate 2lc settings in WildFly

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 13:44:21 EDT 2015

On 08/18/2015 01:10 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> I think such options should not be an aspect of the Cache
> configuration but only a property of the Hibernate configuration.

The time to do that would of been about four years ago (now we have to
be configuration compatible on the WildFly side at least).  Still, not
all applications include Hibernate configuration settings but they do
expect to use a second level cache.

If we were to remove the Hibernate section from [1], where would that
configuration live and what code would deal with that?

> Why should that be known to the Infinispan configuration?

In WildFly, that happens to be where we start/stop Infinispan caches,
which makes sense since that is where we also deal with clustering.