[hibernate-dev] Compile error in hibernate-infinispan

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Aug 19 10:36:25 EDT 2015

I few things...

1) Remember that JAVA6_HOME really needs to point to a JDK 7 HOME.
2) We had a discussion on IRC wrt Infinispan 7 versus 8.  Infinispan 7 is
supposed to require at least Java 7; Infinispan 8 requires at least Java 8
3) hibernate-infinispan pulls in Infinispan 7 (yes, there is a CI job that
tests against Infinispan 8)

So all things told, assuming Java 7 is really used, I am not understanding
why hibernate-infinispan would not compile.  Unless hibernate-infinispan is
using some Java 7 specific API, but then why would AnimalSniffer not
complain?