[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM SQL generation

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Aug 21 16:51:31 EDT 2015

Just a heads up that I started a major refactoring of the antlr4 poc
project in preparation for starting to look at this next sql-gen step.

First I am making it into a multi-module project.  We will have the
hql-parser module, but then also an orm-sql-gen module to be able to play
with that part.  This makes sure we are not blending orm concerns into the
pure hql parser.

Also, I started working on splitting the "semantic query" model out into a
separate module as well.  There are a few reasons for this.  I wont go into
them all here.  The main one being that HQL is just one producer of this
semantic model.   Rather than another long name I went with the acronym SQM
(Semantic Query Model) here.  The top package being org.hibernate.sqm.

These changes already illustrated some tighter couplings then I had
intended, so it was a good exercise.  I'll push once I get those couplings
cleaned up.