[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM 4.2 and 4.3 branches

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Thu Aug 27 18:11:58 EDT 2015

Just a gentle reminder that, in keeping with our project's guidelines[1],
the 4.2 and 4.3 branches will no longer be actively maintained now that 5.0
has gone Final.

I plan to do 1 more 4.3 release (4.3.12)  [2]. That will be last 4.3
release.

Applications using Hibernate ORM 4.3 should be migrated to use Hibernate
ORM 5.0, and bugs reported on 4.3 branch will need to be reproduced on 5.0
branch to be considered for fixing in 5.0 branch.

[1]
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/wiki/Development-and-Version-Family-Branches
[2] https://hibernate.atlassian.net/projects/HHH/versions/20952