[hibernate-dev] SQM-11 : Consider a new matches operator - thoughts?

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Sat Aug 29 02:46:46 EDT 2015

I like the idea of a new operator, but I side with Sanne that "~"
would be useful for similarity/full-text searches.

What about "?=", somewhat inspired by Groovy's Elvis operator? It
seems nicer to me for expressing null-awareness. The pattern could
even be generalized by using the operator prefix for making some more
comparison operators null-aware: "?<", "?>" etc.

--Gunnar