[hibernate-dev] Forum changes proposal

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 02:46:39 EST 2015

Hi,

I was discussing with Steve on the HipChat page yesterday that we should
probably enable these forum options:
Enable queued posts:
Ability to put registered users posts to post approval if their post count
is lower than the specified value below. This setting has no effect on the
permission setting for post/topic approval. Maximum post count for queued
posts:
If queued posts is enabled, this is the post count the user need to reach
in order to post without post approval. If the users post count is below
this number, the post is stored in the queue automatically.This way we can
make sure spam won't reach the forum because we have to approve all posts
and active users can get their post approved immediately.

We might want to suggest users to use StackOverflow because it's a very
active community there are we could focus on unanswered questions there
too. Maybe we can change the hibernate.org site to display the SO tag link
before our forum. This way we might redirect some posts to SO instead of
the forum. This can decrease the time to get a response, and many easy
questions would get answered by other SO users too.

Vlad