[hibernate-dev] Forum changes proposal
hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Dec 10 07:12:44 EST 2015
On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 09:58:01PM +0000, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> This seems a nice precedent:
> - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-collections-users/m8FnCcmtC88
Right, this is pretty much what I had in mind as well. Whether one would create
a dedicated mailing list like hibernate-discussions can be discussed, but otherwise
I would sign under the approach taken for google-collections-users. As mentioned
in the post, the best place with the biggest community for questions of the "How do I"
type is Stackoverflow.
So basically I would suggest:
- Put the forum into a read only mode
- Add a banner explaining the move to Stackoverflow (similar in content to what's in the post
- Create a Hibernate Team on Stackoverflow
- Make sure all Hibernate related tags and wiki pages are up to date
- Add a "Where-to-post summary" to hibernate.org
- Create a hibernate-discussions mailing list!?
I think we would gain a lot of by this approach.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 496 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/hibernate-dev/attachments/20151210/aafb042f/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the hibernate-dev