[hibernate-dev] [CI] MariDB size on jenkins slaves

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 15 05:42:10 EST 2015

On 15 December 2015 at 10:23, Davide D'Alto <davide at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> the  file ibdata1 created by MariaDB has reached the size of 1G.
> This happens because when deleting the tables the size of the db does not
> decrease.
>
> There are some possible solutions I can try, but I need to change the
> configuration of the db and probably upgrade it.
>
> Would that be ok?

Sure. Upgrading is fine too, but just configuration changes should be enough.
As far as I remember MariaDB is unable to shrink its data tables, so
if you reconfigure it after this size was already allocated it won't
reduce the space; you might have to stop it, delete the data tables
manually, and have it rebuild them.