[hibernate-dev] Lucene 5.4 available: include it in a micro release?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 16 08:22:20 EST 2015

Hello all,

Apache Lucene 5.4.0 is released as stable, and while it includes
several benefits - not least a performance fix from myself which I'd
be keen to take advantage of - there are no significant changes
visible to end users, expect I think this one is worth a warning:

 LUCENE-6590: Query.setBoost(), Query.getBoost() and Query.clone() are
gone. In order to apply boosts, you now need to wrap queries in a
BoostQuery.

Although, it doesn't affect any of our code not examples so a release
note might be acceptable.

There are several other interesting performance improvements.
So I'm tempted to upgrade to this version in the next maintenance
(micro) release of Hibernate Search 5.5.

What do you all think about that?

Thanks,