[hibernate-dev] Lucene 5.4 available: include it in a micro release?

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 16 14:18:56 EST 2015

I'd prefer us to do this in a minor version, i.e. 5.6.

As we expose Query to users, the removal of these methods may cause
compilation errors on their side. Also the deprecation of Filter may
cause many deprecations in client code.

Both seem not appropriate for a micro release to me.

I don't think we need to rush it. Compared to previous times, we are
keeping up with new Lucene versions closely these days, so doing it
during the envisioned 5.6 time frame seems fast enough to me. Or, if
you really want to get it out sooner, we can do a quick 5.6 off
master, I suppose prior to those first ES commits and release the
latter as 5.7.

--Gunnar