[hibernate-dev] javax.money

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 22 11:03:05 EST 2015

I had planned to support this JSR when I thought it would be part of the
JDK.  But as it is, supporting this properly would mean a whole new
module/artifact just to add these few types + the dependency (similar to
hibernate-java8).  I am not a fan of the fact that it would require a
separate dependency; yes we could use an optional/provided dependency, but
that would not be "proper".

I am interested in what others think.